Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My patient was a class 2. He had a lot of calculus that was just impossible to remove! I feel like I scaled and scaled and it just would not come off. I basically missed every interproximal spot. Instructor wold said that i was just not going interproximal and deep enough. I only got one quad done, so i will have to bring him back to finish.

I had two patients scheduled for this afternoon and neither one showed up! Luckily Jackie had an extra patient. He was just a 1B, but it was nice to at least have a patient. He was pretty easy, but had really sensitive teeth!

3 comments:

holly said...

Some class 2s are really hard! I think I had a class 2 pt last semester that was harder than one of my class 3s or even 4s. It was the same story as you - I really felt like nothing was coming off even as I was using the ultrasonic. But you're doing good. At least you got one quad finished. Next time you'll be better prepared on what to expect. Keep up the good work!

tiffers said...

I agree with Holly! I almost always miss more on my class 2's than anything else.

purple turtle said...

I feel so bad that your patients are not showing up! Are you going to need extra clinic sessions, or go to the VA to makeup?

I also hate it when I try my hardest to remove all the calculus and it's still there! It is soooo frustrating!